20090728-subpoena-img1Subpoenas Issued & Served Statewide!

A subpoena is a legal document commanding the appearance of in individual or the production of evidence in a court or legal action.



Snider & D’Amato Constables serve subpoenas of any kind through-out the entire state of Massachusetts. Subpoenas may be submitted for service via fax, email, mail, or in person, (see our contact info to the right). If you do not already have a subpoena but would like one issued, we may issue the subpoena (see below). An official affidavit of service signed by the serving officer is provided with every service. Common types of subpoenas served are but not limited to deposition subpoenas, trial subpoenas, subpoena duces tecum, subpoenas ad testificandum, subpoenas for unemployment hearings, subpoenas for arbitration or board hearings, etc. In cases requiring witness fees be paid, our office will advance these funds and bill you, the client.

Issuing Subpoenas

Snider & D’Amato Constables may issue subpoenas upon request for use in any pending legal action in Massachusetts, as well as for “out-of state” cases. Authority to issue subpoenas is granted to us under our appointment as a Notary Public. In Massachusetts, a Notary Public or Justice of the Peace may issue a subpoena. To have a subpoena issued there must be an open court case or legal action with a docket number assigned, or a hearing to be held relative to unemployment of D.I.A.  To have a subpoena issued please contact our office directly and submit a “subpoena request form” found on our “forms” page above.

Out-of-State Cases

In accordance with M.G.L. Ch. 233, Sec. 45, Snider & D’Amato Constables may issue subpoenas for use in “Out-of-State” cases.

Massachusetts General Laws Ch. 233 § 45 Deposition for use in another state – A person may be summoned and compelled, in like manner and under the same penalties as are provided for a witness before a court, to give his deposition in a cause pending in a court of any other state or government. Such deposition may be taken before a justice of the peace or a notary public in the commonwealth, or before a commissioner appointed under the authority of the state or government in which the action is pending. If the deposition is taken before such commissioner, the witness may be summoned and compelled to appear before him by process from a justice of the peace or a notary public in the commonwealth.

To have a subpoena issued in Massachusetts for an out of state case, you will need to obtain a “commission” from your respective state court appointing a commissioner to hold the deposition. It is recommended that you contact our office to learn more.